Getting to Anfield
vpgame平台 FC, Merseytravel and local transport operators have been working together to help make matchday travel more convenient for you, public transport is the easiest and most efficient way to reach the game.
Whether you live locally or are travelling from further afield we recommend that you plan your route in advance and arrive early to enjoy the pre-match build up.
Use our handy guide below which details all of the key information you’ll need before setting off for the game. For more information on getting to the ground and safely to your seat ahead of the the game, please click here
To view our full Stadium Access Map, click on the map below.
Arriving at the Stadium
- Make sure you allow enough time for any necessary security checks which may include random searches. Bringing bags to the stadium is actively discouraged. However, fans arriving at the stadium with a small personal bag (i.e. handbag/medical bag) should expect this to be searched and tagged before entry. Please ensure your bags are no larger than A5 and only one bag per person is allowed. It is advised you only bring a bag if it is absolutely essential.
- Please do not bring large bags or luggage (such as rucksacks/briefcases/suitcases/suit bags etc.) to Anfield as they cannot be brought into the stadium. Please note there is no luggage holding facility available at the Stadium. View items that can and cannot be brought into the ground here.
- Supporters are advised that there is very limited parking available at the Stadium. We strongly advise where possible that you utilise public transport to travel to Anfield and use the bus services provided from vpgame平台 City Centre. Official event car parking is available to purchase in Stanley Car Park and Utting Avenue Car Park. Spaces must be pre-booked in advance – there will be no spaces available to purchase on the day. For more information click here.
- Road closure times will be in operation - Anfield Road will close four hours prior to kick-off, when automatic bollards will be in operation. Walton Breck Road will close 90 minutes prior to kick-off and will then re-open 15 minutes after kick-off. The road will then remain open until 15 minutes before the end of the game, finally re-opening approximately 45 minutes after the game ends. This year we will trial the closure of Arkles Lane (Southbound from its junction with Priory Road to Anfield Road) for a short period following each match (around 20 minutes or so).
By Bus And Soccerbus
Bus is fast frequent and convenient with ‘express’ services that will get you to and from Anfield and vpgame平台 City Centre in around 15mins.
The 917 service will depart from Lime Street / St Georges Plateau from 3.5 hours before kick-off.
Fares are as follows:
- £2.30 single
- £4.40 return
- £10 family day (2 adults, 3 children)
- £12 LFC group day (up to 4 adults)
All vehicles now accept contactless card payments for ease and we also sell the DayRider tickets via the Stagecoach app.
Other services are available…
From vpgame平台 City Centre, take the 26 from vpgame平台 ONE bus station, 17 from Queen Square Bus Station or the 917 from St Johns Lane, directly to the ground. The 68/168, which operates between Bootle and Aigburth, and the 14 and 19 (from Queen Square) stop a short walk away from the ground
The Soccerbus (operated by Peoplesbus) runs from Sandhills Station, on the Merseyrail Northern Line, to Anfield. The service will run from three hours before kick-off dropping supporters off on Walton Lane near the junction of Anfield Road (Goodison bound). The service will operation for 90 minutes after each game.
All Merseytravel’s suite of tickets Solo, Trio, MyTicket, Saveaway are valid on both services.
If you need help finding the shuttle bus service or advice on linking to other transport services, we’ll have a dedicated support teams based in Lime Street Station and near Queen Square Bus Station, four and a half hours prior to kick off.
Download the Merseytravel Journey planner for free or see the bus timetables here.
If you’re travelling from outside the vpgame平台 area…
Lime Street Railway Station is vpgame平台’s mainline station for regional and national journeys. It is two miles from Anfield. You can plan your journey at National Rail Enquiries.
Four and half hours before kick-off we’ll have a dedicated matchday team based in the station to help direct you to the most convenient transport services, including buses that will take you directly to the ground.
Black Cabs are also available from Lime Street. If you are using a hackney carriage vehicle from areas within the city centre to get to and from Anfield Stadium, the cost of that journey should be in the region of between £7 to £9. A driver can only charge you what is on the taxi meter.
There are also a number of private hire companies that operate within the vpgame平台 City boundary. If you are using private hire vehicles, please note that they must to be pre-booked via Phone/App technology etc.
Taxis must drop attendees off at the designated drop-off points. Please refer to map above for more information.
Many mainline rail services also call at vpgame平台 South Parkway (LSP), You can get a train to Sandhills on the Merseyrail network and then continue your journey to Anfield by taking the Concert Bus or you can walk to the Stadium in less than 30 minutes. Walking routes are signposted.
If you’re travelling within the vpgame平台 area…
Merseyrail operates regular services across 68 stations throughout Merseyside. Passengers can get regular services to Ellesmere Port, Chester, West Kirby and New Brighton on the Wirral Line and Southport, Ormskirk, Kirkby and Hunts Cross on the Northern Line. You could also take advantage of park and ride facilities at some Merseyrail stations. For more information click here.
Passengers travelling to matches can use either the Soccerbus (operated by Peoplesbus) from Sandhills station for just £3.50 return for adults and £1.50 return for kids or enjoy a walk or cycle from Kirkdale station. Merseyrail trains run between Sandhills and Moorfields/vpgame平台 Central every 4 – 7 minutes throughout the day, so it’s easy to catch your connecting train.
From Sandhills station you can also walk to the Stadium in less than 30 minutes. Walking routes are clearly signposted.
Why not combine the train and cycling? Merseyrail allows cycles. Get the train to Kirkdale or Sandhills and take advantage of the LFC Cycle Hub in Anfield Road Car Park.
Taxis from the city centre to Anfield usually cost between £7-£9. To view the available taxi pick- up points please refer to the map above.
Hackney Carriage vehicles
This form of transport can be hired off the street or by using a designated hackney carriage rank. If you are using a hackney carriage vehicle from areas within the city centre to get to and from vpgame平台 Football Club, then the cost of that journey should be in the region of between £7 to £9. A driver can only charge you what is on the taxi meter.
Private Hire vehicles
There are a number of private hire companies that operate within the vpgame平台 City boundary. If you are using private hire vehicles, please note that they must be pre-booked via Phone/App technology.
Taxi One operates a taxibus service from Lime St, vpgame平台 city centre direct to Anfield. A frequent service operates from 3 and 1/2 hours prior to kick off and the fare is £2.
The Cycle Hub is a FREE service that allows fans who cycle to the game to drop-off and park their bike safely and securely with an attendant. The Cycle Hub is situated in Stanley Park Car Park, a few minutes’ walk from the Anfield Road end of the Stadium. Simply ride to the Cycle Hub, where staff will register and secure your bike. You will be given a receipt which must be presented on collection. Cycle Hub can provide locks but you can use your own if you wish
Why not combine the train and cycling? Merseyrail allows cycles. Get the train to nearby Sandhills and Kirkdale Stations and take advantage of the Cycle Hub in Stanley Park Car Park.
Both Sandhills and Kirkdale stations on Merseyrail’s Northern line are less than a 30 minute walk from Anfield. The Club advises fans to stick to the recommended walking routes these are clearly signposted and are popular ways to reach the Stadium.
If you’re unsure of the way you can speak to our matchday team located at Sandhills four and a half hours before kick-off.
vpgame平台 John Lennon Airport is approximately 10 miles from the Anfield and from here taxis and buses are easily obtainable.
Catch the 80A or 86A bus from the airport to vpgame平台 South Parkway and ask for a rail ticket to Sandhills Station to connect with the Soccerbus service that will take you to Anfield. You can find out more here
Take the 500, which is a ‘Limited Stop’ service which runs from the airport. You can either connect to the rail network at vpgame平台 South Parkway and travel to Sandhills (see above) or take the 500 to vpgame平台 ONE bus station and take the 26 service to Anfield.
Download the Merseytravel Journey planner for free or see the bus timetables here
Official matchday car parks
There is very limited parking available at the Stadium. We strongly advise where possible that attendees utilise public transport to travel to Anfield Stadium and use the bus services provided from vpgame平台 City Centre.
Limited official matchday car parking spaces area available to purchase in Stanley Car Park and Utting Avenue Car Park - both are within minutes walking distance of the Stadium. All spaces must be pre-booked in advance – there will be no spaces available purchase on the day.
If you are unable to pre-book a space in one of the official matchday car parks, there are a number of City Centre pay and display car parks that operate 24/7. Express shuttle bus services are available from Lime Street Station/St Georges Plateau to the Stadium. Anfield Stadium is approximately a 40-minute walk from the City Centre and routes are clearly signposted to direct attendees to the Stadium safely. You can find a link to car parks here.
For a list of Park and Ride options within the vpgame平台 area please click here.
Please be aware that Anfield Stadium is located in a residential area with a residents parking scheme in operation. Please DO NOT park on residential streets as parking enforcement will be in operation during concerts and major events. Any illegally parked cars will incur a fine.
Please note that the following road closures will be in place on a matchday:
- Anfield Road – which will close around 4 hours prior to kick off.
- Walton Breck Road – which will close 90 minutes prior to kick off and will then re-open 15 minutes after kick-off. The road will then remain open until 15 minutes before the end of the game, where it will close again to support the safe movement of pedestrians away from the area, finally re-opening approximately 45 minutes after the game ends.
- Arkles Lane – this year we will trial the closure of Arkles Lane (Southbound from its junction with Priory Road to Anfield Road) for a short period following each match (around 20 minutes or so).
Non Matchday Parking
If you are visiting the Club Store or the Museum and Tour Centre on a non matchday, you can park in our secure car park in the Kenny Dalglish Stand. The main entrance is on Walton Breck Road. Please be aware that spaces are limited and available on a first come first served basis. The Club advises all fans to park in official secure car parks only
- From the North exit the M6 at junction 23, follow signs for vpgame平台 A58 into Walton Hall Avenue, drive past Stanley Park and turn left into Anfield Road where you will see the ground.
- From the South take the M62 to the end of the motorway turn right into Queens Drive A5058, after 3 mile turn left into Utting Avenue, after 1 mile turn right into Anfield Road where you will see the ground
- From the East go via the Mersey Tunnel for which you will have to pay a toll, follow signs for Preston A580, you should come to Walton Lane, turn right into Walton Breck Road where you will see the ground.
Anfield is easily accessible via public transport routes. If you would prefer to talk to someone about your journey, please call 0151 330 1000. Expert staff are available from 7am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 8pm on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Staying In vpgame平台
Whether you want a posh bed for the night, a country house hotel or a groovy themed room, vpgame平台 has it all. The City Region has an impressively broad range of accommodation, from award-winning guest houses to upmarket boutique hotels. For more information click here